The integrity of welds, in both mechanical and structural applications, is critical. Metallurgical Associates provides the testing, analysis and recommendations your company requires to consistently produce sound weldments.
MAI’s experienced engineers evaluate welds in all alloys including the most challenging materials. We provide practical effective recommendations that resolve welds which do not comply with specified requirements and for the improvement of welding procedures.
MAI’s Welding and Joining Engineering Services include:
- Weld Defect Analysis (Porosity, inclusions, penetration, etc.)
- Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) micro-hardness and evaluation.
- Weld Failure Analysis in mechanical and structural applications.
- Welder & Weld Procedure Qualification per:
- Weld micro-hardness traverse
- Tensile Strength
- Bend Testing
Metallurgical Associates expertise includes the analysis of welds and welding procedures performed by:
- Arc Welding (all types)
- MIG Welding
- TIG Welding
- Resistance Welding (Spot Welding and variations)
- Gas Welding (Oxyfuel and Oxyacetylene)
- Laser & Electron Beam Welding Macro-etched fillet weld
- Friction Welding
- All forms of Robotic Welding
MAI also provides this full range of analytical services in:
- Brazing (furnace, torch, dip, induction, etc.)