Corrosion Analysis and Prevention
Corrosion is the most common and costly failure mode impacting engineered and structural materials, yet it tends to be accepted as inevitable precisely because it is so pervasive. Corrosion prevention maintenance and failures cost the US economy over $350 billion annually, the equivalent of 4.2 % of GDP and more than the annual cost of all oil imports. Numbers of this magnitude tend to be abstract statistics – until corrosion failures effect your product, divert your staff and resources, and eat into your profits. It doesn’t have to be so.
Metallurgical Associates provides experienced corrosion analysis and prevention to your company’s cost saving arsenal of resources. These include:
- Root cause analysis of corrosion failures and cost effective prevention.
- Identification of corrosion causing contaminants AND their source.
- Recommend corrosion resistant alloys, plating, coatings and surface treatments.
- Corrosion testing of alloys, plating, coatings and surface treatments to determine effectiveness in a comprehensive range of service environments.
- Ultrasonic Testing in the field of corroded storage tanks, structural supports and processing equipment to determine remaining service life.
Corrosion is more than simple oxidation and actually encompasses a wide range of electro-chemical processes, each initiated and driven by specific environmental and material interactions. MAI provides your engineers and quality control managers with the latest technical resources and materials engineering expertise to control and prevent corrosion.
Corrosion Analysis Case Studies
Metallurgical Associates provides corrosion analyses to a comprehensive range of industries. Our analyses identify the cause and type of failure and, most critically, we provide practical cost-effective options manufacturing process or design to prevent future failures.